I talked to two people who were wrong today, and neither of them were Niall.

The first was a Darlo chav on a daytrip who nearly ran me down while I was walking the munsterlander and then made the mistake of stopping to argue with me. It wasn't a mistake because I was particularly witty or authoritative - I never am in these situations - but because he was driving a car with his company name and phone number printed on the side. Duh. Prestige Paintjobs of Darlington, your employees are wankers and I google higher than you.

The second was a client who reprimanded me for starting a sentence with 'but'. Hm, let's see. How about:

       But to be frank, and give it thee again -
       and yet I wish but for the thing I have:
       My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
       My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
       The more I have, for both are infinite.

..or, possibly:

                            But in these cases
       We still have judgment here;

...or maybe even:

       But she, being mortal, of that boy did die;
       And for her sake do I rear up her boy,
       And for her sake I will not part with him.

If starting a sentence with 'but' is good enough for him, it's good enough for me.

Good game of pool with Niall, during which he talked about his mother, and, unusually, about love. The boy's a dreamer still.

0 Responses to “Skyscrapers, Stargazers in Niall's Head

Post a Comment



© 2006 lost earthman | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.